This entry was posted on 16/04/2020.
RELOADING IS AN ENJOYABLE HOBBY, saves you money — and no manufacturer saves you more than Lee Precision, Inc. Their mission is simple: produce the best value American made reloading tools.
Great prices come from patented, innovative designs. The company are proud to say that Lee Precision products are cast, machined and assembled in the USA. A reloading press and a set of Lee Dies are all you need to start reloading. Lee Dies come complete with powder dipper, shell holder and instructions, along with comprehensive load data that tells you how much and what type of powder to use.
Dies and presses last a lifetime, so buying what your budget allows makes the most sense. For those with a workbench, consider the Lee Bench Plate for the ultimate convenience in mounting your presses. If you don’t have a workbench, consider the Lee Reloading Stand, compact and very sturdy.
The Basics of Reloading
To the uninitiated reloading can seem quite a minefield… The truth is it can be broken down into 6 simple steps.
- Decap and Size – If you are using previously fired brass you will need to remove the old primers and size it back to factory specifications, or for advanced users, you can simply resize the neck.
- Trim – When brass has been fired and resized it can stretch. So it is advised that you measure and trim your brass back to factory specifications.
- Prime – This is the part where you replace the primer in the brass, making it ready to accept the charge.
- Expand & Charge / Charge, at this stage, you add the powder to your cartridges.
- Seating – Add your desired bullet head to the brass ready for the final stage.
- Crimping – To ensure uniform pressure and reliability crimp your head into the cartridge. Now your newly made ammunition is ready to shoot.
As with all firearm based activities. It is essential that anyone new to reloading takes advice from a professional and that the individual does their research before they start.
Check out the diagram below to see the process for yourself.